Breaking the Comfort Zone: Avoiding Burnout and Stagnation in the Smart Industry
Being in a “smart industry” it’s easy to fall into the trap of high rationality and slip into a comfort zone. Programming can be fun and addictive at the same time, so that sometimes we forget about ourselves. This usually leads us to frequent burnouts, and to the degradation of our relationships and health, as well as to stagnation both on a personal and professional level. It is important to realize that we are not just this brain, but much, much more.
Some of the books that can greatly help us in self-recognition, and reaching our true potential, I recommend from the bottom of my heart, are:
- Positive Intelligence:Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential AND HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOURS – book by Mr Shirzad Chamine
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – book by Mr Stephen Covey
- Mindset: the new psychology of success – book by Ms Carol S. Dweck Ph. D.
- Put – book by dr Žarko Ilić (currently only available in the serbian language)
- Život – book by dr Žarko Ilić (currently only available in the serbian language)
You will enjoy it! Let me know about your impressions. Feel free to get in touch!